When is the last time you gave your garage door any thought? Probably the last time it did not work properly, or looked dingy!
Garage doors are one of those things we take for granted. We pull up to the house and the garage door opens. Simple right? Well as I’m sure many of you know, not always.
Garage doors are the largest and heaviest moving objects in most homes and the door systems must be properly adjusted and maintained in order to function safely.
Keeping your garage door in shape with regular maintenance by a garage door servicing professional is a good idea. Regular garage door maintenance can save you money in avoidable repairs and also keeps your family safe from a faulty garage door.
While garage doors may look simple there are actually many parts that need to be kept lubricated, tightened and cleaned.
Garage door maintenance should be performed once a year, and the garage door servicing professional should verify the safety and performance of the door and the garage door opener.
Yearly maintenance should include checking the following:
- the sturdiness and adjustment of the hinges
- the rollers for worn‑out ball bearings, flattened rollers and crooked rods
- the tracks for premature wear and tear, loose bolts and loose supports
- the cable for wear and tear; especially near the pulleys and the lower supports
- Bolts, rollers, pulleys, cables and all parts should be tested, lubricated or replaced if needed
Car‑Wal Garage Doors has a yearly maintenance program that makes sure your garage doors stay in top shape. We take care of the little problems before they become big repair bills.
So call us to set up your yearly maintenance program and protect your investment.